Thursday, July 15, 2004

Babysittin...

I would like to meet the person who came up with the term...babysitting. Rachel is on a much needed two day mini-vacation and I am keeping our children: Madeline age 4, Samuel- 2, and Lee and Tomlyn 16 months. It is 2:15 p.m and this is the first time I have "sat" down in 6 hours. It has been a blast...but definitely tiring. My respect for stay at home moms continues to increase...er excuse me..Domestic engineers. God Bless all you out there raising your kids in the Lord...there is no higher calling.

4 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

God Speed, friend. You are a great husband and dad.

Ryan Williamson said...

It's was during times like you're experiencing that my dislike of Barney quickly melted away. Actually, I still really don't like Barney. I usually opt for Dora The Explorer or some Disney movie.

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Amen brother ! My wife does a great job and my kids and are blessed for it. It's funny that when I have Dad duty, it feels like an eternity that Kendra is gone. I'm such a whimp. By the way, don't think for a moment that I don't know the length of every full-length animated movie we own. If chicken nuggets take 12 min. to make, I know exactly when to start Whinnie the Pooh so that the credits role right when the kitchen timer goes off! I'm sick!

Rob said...

I normally cop out and call for "naps for everyone" within 10 minutes or so of Traci's departure. I've noticed that naps after breakfast and naps just after naps don't go over too well. Go figure...