Wednesday, August 11, 2004

God Comes Near

Your life is today... You are living in the current state of what you said 1 year ago would be "When I..." You are living in your future. When I do this... then I will be doing what God wants me to do... then I will be fulfilled... The tragedy of "tommorrow thinking" seems to rob us of so much...primarily- walking with God today. James says, "..Come near to God and He will come near to You.." Wow. I don't have to wait until I have something paid off, or some career checklist checked, or family goal realized.. I can draw near to him now. I am always amazed at the difference between the days I am walking with Him and the days I am doing my own thing. Night and day. POwerful or powerless. LIfe giving or tiresome..

I want to take the plunge.. dive in.. go for it... Kingdom living is such the adventure. The past two days have taken a wild twist. For some reason (God's grace being one primary) I quit fighting for control and tried to let go some more. The results were astounding. It is so simple yet we make it so complicated. He bears fruit when he is in charge. So just do it. Take one minute. Remind yourself who's in charge and give Him the pleasure of hearing your heart. Who knows...He might just come near to you....

3 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Lovell-
I love your writing. reading this makes me miss you. I love the goofy times we've shared and the heart-felt talks about Jesus and the Journey too. You're a dear brother.

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Enjoyed the reminder. I need to be reminded more often about this.

Thanks for blessing my day.

wardkri said...

TY! It's Kristin (Behrends) Ward here -- How fun it is to read your posts from way up here in Michigan! It sounds like things are going really well. I'd love to hear more about you --