Friday, March 12, 2010

Kingdom Satisfaction

Luke 12:32 " Do not fear, little flock, for it is our Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom." I have a feeling that if God finds pleasure in giving us His Kingdom that one of our goals in life, daily especially, would be to try to somehow to receive what HE find PLEASURE in giving. By His grace, this has been a week where I have tasted more of the Kingdom than I have in a long time. I have looked for it harder and found it easier. It has been one of the best weeks of my life. Seriously. I love writing this because I know that no one reads it and I am getting over fears of being mis-understood and always seeing my life as something I do as a performance.

His PRESENCE is the answer to everything. Slowing down enough to really connect with Him is the thing. Not something. The Thing. I realized this morning as I began working that has been different about this week. I am typing on a dell laptop that has been terrorized by my beautiful daughter Ariel. She loves to pull the keys off the keyboard... I can see her now.. POP.. the key comes of the keyboard and she giggles and goes back for another! I am missing the G, ], and Enter keys. It is still usable but very un-becoming to the finger and eye. Last week, this just ate at me. Other "small" things ate at me. I went by computer stores, shopped the web for how I could fix it. It just bugged me. This morning it occurred to me that I have not even thought about it this week. This problem of circumstance was forgotten. I have been enjoying the presence of God and working hard doing what I am supposed to be doing that I have had no time to " be bothered" with so many things. When I seek first the Kingdom and renew my mind my "seeker" seems to be to busy to mess or be bothered with insignificant nusances that eat at me. I am not saying I am living in some state of perpetual bliss but rather these things have stopped ruining my day. Watching God open doors, hearing His voice, and being overwhelmed with thanksgiving for His love and grace seem to be drowning out stuff that usually ruins my day. I am sure most people think this is something a jr. high kid should have figured out but I am just now "getting it". Praise God. He is so good. It is His good pleasure, He actually finds pleasure in pouring out His Spirit, Love, and Presence on my life. I have tasted and seen the Lord is good and I don't want anything else!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

great thoughts from a great man- I'm trying to transfer my blog to this kind because of course, you were right; this site is so much better, so much easier! fun reading your blog- you are the best and we miss you!